Preparations of Insulation Resistance Tester TY6045
- Make sure the pointer is at ∞ position
- Put the test leads into the terminals
- Make sure the battery is full of power, if the indicator becomes less bright or dark. Please change the battery, if external power is needed. Please choose voltage-stabilized source of DCV 9V with current more than 500mA
Notes: please if there is naked parts of external to avoid shock
- Check the test leads. Push the test button and make the circuit short and the pointer should pass from the ∞ to zero
Notes: do not press the test button when there is voltage in the circuit.
- Make sure the test button is not pressed
- Put the test leads into the two end of the voltage
- Read the results
Insulation resistance test
Notes: To avoid the electric shock, do not touch the head of test leads and the tested circuit, Turn off the power of the tested circuit.
- Use the test leads to connect the instrument and the circuit.
- Read the voltage first and make it shows 0.
- Push the test button and read the results
Notes: If long time is needes to observe the results, turn anti-clockwise the button and it locks to provides continues use. Once the test is done , turn and reset the test button.
- The light button can be used if it is dark for operation
- If the tested resistance is less the 2MΩ, there will be alarm to remind
- After testing there has remaining capacitance in the circuit and it needs some time to discharge them.
HFE withstand voltage test
- Connect the hfe to the tester
- Push the button and read. directly BV (V) and it is the hfe withstand voltage.
- The max withstand voltage is 500V.
- Do not open the back cover and make sure it is installed well before testing
- Take the test leads off the turn off the power before changing the battery
- Take the battery out if long time no use